Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's Summer!

It's summer... I can tell because we have moved outside. We've been spending all of our relaxing time on the deck and enjoying it in the usual ways. The flowers are going through their cycles, the perennials coming and going and the annuals gearing up for color throughout the season.

These are the first blooms of the evening primrose that Tina gave us. It transplanted without problem and is beginning to spread already. I'm looking forward to the whole bed being full of these delicate yellow flowers.

We also got a new camera, so we've been playing with it and with iphoto to enhance the photos -- although I have to say, the straight out of the camera shots are usually pretty darn good. Anyway, I have no idea what these flowers are, but they bloom at this time every year. The flowers don't stay nearly long enough. I just love them. I love the unusual shape, the texture and the color.







It's not only flowers that we like to have in our back yard. We really love to include our daily dose of fruit in our outside, relaxing time:

1 comment:

melanie said...

Lovely picture. AND happy birthday!!