Friday, April 25, 2008

Getting to Know Me

I'm reading a book that has inspired lots of thought. It's called The Success Principles written by Jack Canfield (the Chicken Soup for the Soul guy) and I came to it by way of another book, The Secret, brought to me by Oprah. I'm early in the book and already thinking so seriously about the things he has to say, that it is hard to imagine what has filled the remaining pages.

Anyway, the latest task from the book is to make a list of 101 goals you want to achieve before you die. And like all well written goals, they need to be measurable. THAT is a challenge. It's easy to say I want to retire with plenty of money to live a comfortable life. But how do you measure that? And when you are looking at 101 things, I've found that you can get pretty down into detail. So prepare yourselves... I am going to be working toward those goals ( I don't have 101 yet, but I'm still working on it, and I have started working on them...). Some of them involve you who read this blog, so you'll be learning more as time goes on.

In the meantime, Chris, will you teach me how to make spaghetti sauce?

No comments: