Monday, March 31, 2008

Life

It's hard to imagine being more blessed than I am. I won't go on drawing comparisons to any particular number of years ago, but I will just tell you that I have almost the best life I can imagine. I have found my soul mate, my best friend and the man I have been looking for longer than I knew and I get to wake up next to him every day. I have two kids who have grown into adults that I like...not just love, but like too. They have found partners for their lives that make them happy...and who are their best friends and soul mates. And that fact is so apparent that I see it--and it makes me smile inside. I have a sister who is my friend--my confidante, the other me, and her husband who could not be more my big brother if we shared the same parents. I have married into a family that is just wonderful. I love all my steps and in-laws and I am so glad they are in my life. I have the two most adorable grand children in the universe and I am soon going to have the four most adorable grand children in the universe.

If there is anything that I regret about my life...it's that Mom and Dad aren't here to see me so happy. I know they had worries and concerns about their younger duaghter. Hey Mom and Dad...just look... look!!! Thank God I know that they see, even if they aren't here.

1 comment:

melanie said...

Either that was really sweet, or I am super emotional, or maybe it's both. Probably both. Your two grandchildren love you very much and we are already talking about your visit. Cam's not real sure about giving his bed to you though. He says you are too small for it. :)